www射-国产免费一级-欧美福利-亚洲成人福利-成人一区在线观看-亚州成人

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Business
Home / Business / Technology

Yahoo punishes boss in latest fallout from security breakdown

Updated: 2017-03-03 07:57

Yahoo punishes boss in latest fallout from security breakdown

Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo, participates in a panel discussion at the 2015 Fortune Global Forum in San Francisco, US, Nov 3, 2015. [Photo/Agencies] 

SAN FRANCISCO-Yahoo is punishing CEO Marissa Mayer and parting ways with its top lawyer for the mishandling of two security breaches that exposed the personal information of more than 1 billion users and already have cost the company $350 million.

Mayer won't be paid her annual bonus nor receive a potentially lucrative stock award because a Yahoo investigation concluded her management team reacted too slowly to one breach discovered in 2014.

Yahoo's general counsel, Ronald Bell, resigned without severance pay for his department's lackadaisical response to the security lapses.

Alex Stamos, Yahoo's top security officer at the time of the 2014 breach, left the company in 2015.

Although Yahoo's security team uncovered evidence that a hacker backed by an unnamed foreign government had pried into user accounts in 2014, executives "failed to act sufficiently" on that knowledge, according to the results of an internal investigation disclosed on Wednesday. At that time, Yahoo only notified 26 people that their accounts had been breached.

The report didn't identify the negligent executives, but it chastised the company's legal department for not looking more deeply into the 2014 breach. Because of that, the incident "was not properly investigated and analyzed at the time," the report said.

Bell declined to comment through his spokeswoman, Marcy Simon.

Yahoo didn't disclose the 2014 breach until last September when it began notifying at least 500 million users that their email addresses, birth dates, answers to security questions, and other personal information may have been stolen. Three months later, Yahoo revealed it had uncovered a separate hack in 2013 affecting about 1 billion accounts, including some that were also hit in 2014.

The breaches, the two biggest in internet history, have already exacted a major toll.

Yahoo already lowered the sales price of its email and other digital services to Verizon Communications from $4.83 billion to $4.48 billion to account for the potential backlash from the breaches. That deal was reached last July, two months before Verizon and the rest of the world learned about Yahoo's lax security.

More than 40 lawsuits also have been filed seeking damages for the breaches. If Yahoo's sale to Verizon is completed as expected later this year, a successor company called Altaba Inc will be responsible for paying those legal claims.

Yahoo's handling and disclosure of the breaches is also under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission. The Sunnyvale, California, company said it has spent $16 million investigating the breaches and covering the legal expenses so far.

In a blog post on Yahoo's Tumblr service, Mayer said she didn't learn about the scope of the breaches until September and then tried to set things right. "However, I am the CEO of the company and since this incident happened during my tenure, I have agreed to forgo my annual bonus and my annual equity grant," Mayer wrote.

In its report, Yahoo's board said it decided to withhold a cash bonus that otherwise would have been paid to her. Mayer is eligible to receive a bonus of up to $2 million annually. The board said it accepted Mayer's offer to relinquish her annual stock award, which is typically worth millions of dollars.

Mayer said she wants the board to distribute her bonus to Yahoo's entire workforce of 8,500 employees. The board didn't say if it would do so.

Losing her bonus and annual stock award probably won't be too painful for Mayer, who is already rich after working for more than a decade as a top executive at Google and then as Yahoo's CEO for the past four-and-a-half years. She is also in line for a $44 million severance package if she doesn't go to work for Verizon after the sale closes.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 杨幂国产精品福利在线观看 | 国产欧美一区二区三区免费 | 久久香蕉国产精品一区二区三 | 91久久国产成人免费观看资源 | 久久精品视频免费播放 | 久久精品视频2 | 午夜手机视频 | 国产女人成人精品视频 | 一级毛片在线不卡直接观看 | 久久精品国产第一区二区 | 欧美色性 | 国产一区二区三区免费观看 | 亚洲第一网色综合久久 | 久久视奸| 国产精品手机在线观看 | 国产一级一片免费播放i | 131美女爱做免费毛片 | 中文字幕一区在线播放 | 国产精品v在线播放观看 | 国产最新精品 | 久久九九国产精品怡红院 | 中文字幕日韩一区二区不卡 | 女人张开腿让男人捅爽 | 国产乱子精品免费视观看片 | 精品日韩欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 亚洲99爱 | a级毛片在线观看 | 男人天堂免费 | 久久五 | 日本免费一二区视频 | 一级毛片观看 | 久久综合香蕉久久久久久久 | 国产欧美日本亚洲精品五区 | 性生话一级国产片 | 国产亚洲高清在线精品不卡 | 欧美极品video粗暴 | 在线观看91精品国产入口 | 熟女毛片| 国产伦精一区二区三区 | 亚洲 欧美 成人日韩 | 日韩欧美一区二区在线 |