久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

  Home>News Center>World
         
 

Hundreds continue protest in Kyrgyzstan
(Agencies)
Updated: 2005-03-09 21:13

BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Hundreds of opposition supporters demonstrated Wednesday in southern Kyrgyzstan against alleged election violations and demanded that President Askar Akayev step down, police and civic activists said.

The protests began Friday after the accusations were raised by opposition candidates in the Feb. 27 parliamentary election. The vote was criticized by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe as falling short of democratic standards.

About 1,000 people rallied Wednesday in front of the regional government building in Jalal-Abad, which has been occupied by more than 100 protesters for a sixth day, said Orozaly Karasartov, spokesman for the regional administration.

The protesters refuse to recognize their candidate's election defeat, saying it was a result of fraud, and they demand he be allowed to stand in the March 13 run-offs.

About 1,000 people protested Wednesday in front of the district administration in the town of Uzghen, calling for Akayev to resign and demanding free elections, according to police and human rights activists.

Several hundred people demonstrated in front of the Osh regional administration on Wednesday, also demanding Akayev's ouster, said the coalition of civic groups for Democracy and Civil Society.

Supporters of another opposition candidate ended their three-day blockade of a key road that links the Kyrgyz capital of Bishkek with China.

The government has said the protesters' demands were unlawful.

On Tuesday, the OSCE's Bishkek office criticized the protesters for occupying government buildings and blocking roads.

"The election shortcomings may not be a reason for occupying government buildings and blocking roads," said, in a statement, OSCE Ambassador Markus Muller.

In 2002, police killed six people in the Jalal-Abad region during the a peaceful protest of the arrest of an opposition lawmaker. Those killings triggered public demonstrations that the opposition says has forced authorities to tighten control.



 
  Today's Top News     Top World News
 

Peace paramount in anti-secession law

 

   
 

Australia grants visa to 104-year-old Chinese

 

   
 

Russia: Chechen leader Maskhadov killed

 

   
 

Official accountability system to be stricter

 

   
 

Petition cases rise 23.6% last year in China

 

   
 

Special peninsula envoy heads for US

 

   
  Hundreds continue protest in Kyrgyzstan
   
  Syrian army evacuates bases in Lebanon
   
  Suicide truck bomb kills three in Baghdad
   
  Russia: Chechen leader Maskhadov killed
   
  Iraqi official: Saddam may be tried in '05
   
  Thousands answer Hezbollah call in Beirut
   
 
  Go to Another Section  
 
 
  Story Tools  
   
  Related Stories  
   
NBA fines Kings guard Cuttino Mobley $10,000
   
Chinese protest against move on islands
   
Japan's decision on Lee visa sparks protests
   
Judge orders 470 GOP protesters released
   
Tens of thousands protest Bush in NYC
   
Hundreds held in New York anti-Bush bike protest
   
People condemn Japan's seabed survey
  News Talk  
  Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
Advertisement
         
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美精品一区二区三区 | 美女毛片在线看 | 国产亚洲欧美视频 | 成年人看的黄色片 | 欧美精品三级在线 | 萌白酱粉嫩jk福利视频在线观看 | 美女被免费网站视频软件 | 特级做a爰片毛片免费看 | 成人怡红院视频在线观看 | 人成精品| 国产高清一国产免费软件 | 美国一级大黄香蕉片 | 香港毛片免费观看 | 欧美成人一级视频 | 国产成人mv 在线播放 | 亚洲国产日韩欧美高清片a 亚洲国产日韩欧美在线 | 2022日韩理论片在线观看 | 成年人在线观看视频网站 | 精品欧美一区二区精品久久 | 好吊色综合网天天高清 | 国产网曝手机视频在线观看 | 国产精品国产自线在线观看 | 亚洲精品中文字幕在线 | 2022国产精品网站在线播放 | 一级特级aaa毛片 | 成人免费视频69 | 国产精品成aⅴ人片在线观看 | 一区二区三区国产美女在线播放 | 成人黄页 | 国产91网址 | 亚洲jjzzjjzz在线播放 | 天堂在线www网亚洲 天堂在线视频网站 | 在线观看免费视频网站色 | ffyybb免费福利视频 | baoyu121永久免费网站 | 午夜一级毛片不卡 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 久草资源在线观看 | 香蕉久久夜色精品国产 | 亚洲高清国产一线久久 | 成年人国产视频 |